God's Glory

God's Glory

Wednesday, January 11, 2023

How To Set Goals For a Successful New Year

 

What goals do you have for the year? It is important to set goals now and pursue them if your desire is to smile at the end of the year. I earlier attended a youth congress organized by Living Faith Church, where 'goal setting' as a topic was treated and I want to share the summary with you here. So, this post tells how to set goals for a successful New Year.

 

Moreover, the word of the Lord came to me, saying, “Jeremiah, what do you see?” And I said, “I see a branch of an almond tree.” Then the Lord said to me, “You have seen well, for I am ready to perform My word.” – Jeremiah 1:11-12 (NKJV).

 

I will stand my watch and set myself on the rampart, and watch to see what He will say to me, and what I will answer when I am corrected. Then the Lord answered me and said: “Write the vision and make it plain on tablets, that he may run who reads it. For the vision is yet for an appointed time; but at the end it will speak, and it will not lie. Though it tarries, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry – Habakkuk 2:1-3 (NKJV).

 

Other anchor scriptures include: Gen.13:14, Luke.14:28, Pro.29:18

Introduction

We have a legacy of continuous improvement in redemption (Proverbs 4:18). However, success in the Christian realm is as far as your eyes can make out (Gen 13:14-15); so, staying in front requires you seeing ahead. Also know that the future has a way of announcing itself unexpectedly, as such demands preparation ahead of time to avoid being caught unawares. Though we cannot retrieve yesterday, tomorrow however is yours to decide whether to win or lose. This, therefore, calls for goal setting.

What are goals?

  1. A clear image of your most wanted future.
  2. A clear description of your hope.
  3. A set purpose in definite areas of life.
  4. An unmistakably mapped-out path to run.
 Read more...





No comments:

Post a Comment