God's Glory

God's Glory

Wednesday, June 21, 2017

The Lover of God is Prayerful

Do you love God? There are certain characteristics you find in any lover of God, one of which is prayerfulness. If you love God you will desire to be with Him at all times. Prayer is a platform for fellowshipping with God and expressing your love for Him. This post gives reasons why people who love God are prayerful.

I will love You, O LORD, my strength. The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; My God, my strength, in whom I will trust; My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. I will call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised; so shall I be saved from my enemies – Psalms 18:1-3 (NKJV).

Call to Me, and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things, which you do not know – Jeremiah 33:3 (NKJV).

Many people call on God but not all love Him, for if anyone loves Him he or she will obey His commandments (John 14:23-24). However, you can’t love God and not call upon Him. Many people pray to God to receive from Him, but those who love God first and foremost just want to give to Him. They want to give Him praise and to worship Him like David (Psalm 18:1-3).

Prayer is a 2-way channel through which you commune with God. God speaks to you through His word, but through prayer, you have the opportunity to speak to God and also hear from Him. The amazing thing is that God wants to hear you too. This is why in many places in the scriptures He encourages His children to call upon Him (Jeremiah 33:3, 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18, Colossians 4:2, Jeremiah 29:12, etc.).

When you love someone, you will long to speak with the person. Prayer gives us the chance to do the same with our Father in heaven. When you love someone and you are too busy to communicate with the person, your love becomes questionable. So also, you can’t love God and not have time to speak with Him. Read more...








No comments:

Post a Comment